I don’t like taxidermy one bit — it really freaks me out.
Just knowing that the stuffed creatures were once living, breathing animals is very unsettling to me. No matter how accurately portrayed they are, they are still pretty disturbing. It makes me imagine the same thing happening to me when I die, and that’s a horrifying mental image.
But the critters you’re about to see are on an entirely different level — and not in a good way. They’ll make you wonder if the people who made them have ever seen real animals at all.
Prepare yourselves. This isn’t going to be pretty.
1. This is just plain terrifying.
2. Wait — just kidding. THIS is.
3. Imagine waking up to this looming over you.
4. What went wrong with this one?
5. I’m pretty sure bears shouldn’t have human-like eyes.
6. What a nice smile you have there.
7. I think they put on a little too much lip liner.
8. Googly eyes? Really?
9. This is so wrong.
10. And then there’s this unfortunate soul.
11. That head’s gonna fall off any second now.
12. What the–?!
13. Now I’m going to have nightmares forever.
14. That’s not disturbing at all…
15. Why would you do that?!
16. I can’t tell whether this is a bear or a dog.
17. At this point, it’s almost cartoonish.
18. Um, nice casts?
19. Is that lipstick?
20. Wow…just wow.
21. What did you think you were making, a gorilla?!
22. Goodbye to ever sleeping again.
23. Please stop staring at me.
24. It’s like the taxidermist just gave up.
25. Nope. Nope. Nope.
26. I’m really thankful that this thing doesn’t actually exist in the wild.
27. Nailed it.
28. It looks like he had a pretty rough night.
29. Just stay away from me, please.
30. And of course, the list wouldn’t be complete without this guy.
(via So Bad So Good)
These people really need to go back to taxidermy school — or better yet, just quit. I (and the rest of humanity) would be so grateful.