Activists, celebrities, and nearly 200 world leaders have gathered for a not-so-simple goal: to save the world.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was joined by others outside UN headquarters for the announcement.
The next step in implementing the newly-agreed-upon SDGs is an awareness campaign.
Wonder how you can help? Start by spreading the word.
On the Global Goals website, they offer some great tips on how we can all help out.
“The more people who know about the Global Goals for sustainable development, the more successful they’ll be. If we all fight for them, our leaders will make them happen. … We need your help to share the Goals. In conversation, on e-mail, in debate, on products, at home, at work, at school whatever it takes to Tell Everyone.”
And on their site, they have a number of ready-for-social-media images to share from your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+ accounts.
A star-studded “We the People” video offers another way to get involved.
The “We the People” campaign launched with the support of people like Ashton Kutcher, Charlize Theron, Chris Martin, Colin Firth, Daniel Craig, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lopez, John Legend, Kate Winslet, Malala Yousafzai, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, One Direction, P!nk, Robert Pattinson, Robert Redford, Stephen Hawking, Stevie Wonder, and so many more.
You can add your voice to the mix over at the Global Goals site.
Watch the video below:
Scroll down to read the goals in full:
- We will live in a world where nobody anywhere lives in extreme poverty.
- We will live in a world where no one goes hungry, no one wakes in the morning asking if there will be food today.
- We will live in a world where no child has to die from diseases we know how to cure and where proper health care is a lifelong right for us all.
- We will live in a world where everyone goes to school, and education gives us the knowledge and skills for a fulfilling life.
- We will live in a world where all women and all girls have equal opportunities to thrive and be powerful and safe. We can’t succeed if half the world is held back.
- We will live in a world where all people can get clean water and proper toilets at home, at school, at work.
- We will live in a world where there’s sustainable energy for everyone heat, life, and power for the planet without destroying the planet.
- We will live in a world where economies prosper and new wealth leads to decent jobs for everyone.
- We will live in a world where our industries, our infrastructure, and our best innovations are not just used to make money but to make all our lives better.
- We will live in a world where prejudices and extremes of inequality are defeated inside our countries and between different countries.
- We will live in a world where people live in cities and communities that are safe, progressive, and support everyone who lives in them.
- We will live in a world where we replace what we consume a planet where we put back what we take out of the earth.
- We will live in a world that is decisively rolling back the threat of climate change.
- We will live in a world where we restore and protect the life in our oceans and seas
- We will live in a world where we restore and protect life on land the forests, the animals, the earth itself.
- We will live in a world with peace between and inside countries, where all governments are open and they answer to us for what they do at home and abroad, and where justice rules, with everyone equal before the law.
- And we must live in a world where countries and we, their people, work together in partnerships of all kinds to make these global goals a reality for everyone, everywhere.