When it comes to weddings, Carly Romeo has seen it all.
Between her gigs as a wedding photographer and planning her own wedding ceremony, she’s noticed something:
The average wedding magazine doesn’t reflect the diversity of what couples actually look like. At all.
Which is why Carly teamed up with self-described “progressive wedding coordinator”
Liz Susong to launch Catalyst Wedding Magazine. Tired of all the focus on spending a ton of money or losing weight for The Dress, they decided to make a different wedding magazine entirely.
They wanted to create a magazine that focuses on love and celebrating that love in ways that are as unique as every couple.
Catalyst aims to feature beautiful imagery while staying true to its mission of reflecting the people that the wedding industry is actually serving.
And it definitely delivers. Check out these gorgeous photos of loving couples in an upcoming issue:
1. Elaine and Vikas had a hybrid Hindu wedding that reflected both of their cultures.
All photos used with permission. Photo by
2. Sarah-Jean and Kent got hitched in a small, intimate courthouse and Irish pub celebration with their closest family and friends.
3. After 30 years together, Annie and Janice finally got to tie the knot in a ceremony at their home.
4. Alexa and Stephen fell in love after working together at a Virginia Beach Ruby Tuesday.
5. Jazmin and Ben displayed their love of beer and baseball with brewery tours and a food truck at their wedding.
6. Crystal and Jayleen celebrated their love with a wintertime wedding in Amish country.
7. Stephanie and Felipe had their reception first, celebrating before a sweet backyard ceremony.
8. Chicagoans Alissa and Bethany traveled to L.A. for an engagement shoot in the Arts District.
9. Maria and Lisa got hitched shortly after marriage equality came to Illinois, holding a backyard ceremony with friends and family.
10. John and Matt surprised their guests when they revealed their goodbye party was actually a wedding.
Photo by Pangtography.
11. Katie and Albert didn’t need to get married to celebrate their love and commitment publicly.
Like what you see? Order your own copy of
Catalyst Wedding Magazine (and preorder the second issue!).